STANDARDS TOOLKIT FOR EDUCATORS
The DPS Standards Toolkit is designed to support teachers and leaders in implementing standards-based instruction. This Toolkit provides resources, articles, and tools for implementing the instructional shifts of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), the Colorado Academic Standards (CAS), and the WIDA English Language Development Standards. In addition, the Toolkit supports you in identifying what the new Standards mean for student achievement, rigorous instruction and the role of assessment as part of a data inquiry cycle.
In 2014-15, our standards implementation efforts will share a district-wide focus on Rigorous Tasks, Differentiation and Data-Driven Instruction. This means that all educators, including School Leaders, Teacher Leaders, teachers and central-level staff, will develop a shared picture of what this looks like in our classrooms and schools. These themes will be reinforced in our systems of professional learning, observation, feedback and coaching.
DPS has released several resources on the Colorado Academic Standards for parent and community use. Resources include Student Learning Guides at each grade level, standards posters for display at schools, parent guides to the standards and more. Teachers are encouraged to use these resources while working with parents.
To access these resources, please click here: standards.dpsk12.org/standards-resources
Planning for the 2014-2015 School Year
Listed below are links to key resources that may be beneficial in your planning for the 2014-2015 school year:
- Academic Expectations for 2014-2015
- Assessment Changes for 2014-2015
- Blue/Green Day Guidance and Beyond the Common Core/Singleton Guidance for 2014-2015
- Standards Professional Learning Overview for 2014-2015
- Standards Pathways Overview for 2014-2015
- Teacher Leader Selection Process
- Standards Implementation for 2014-2015 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Remember, scope and sequence documents are key to instructional planning. Sections 2-5 of the standards toolkit contains links to scope and sequence material. The 2014-2015 materials will be available after April 30, 2014.